Coordination and approval are essential for any organization, department, or unit considering adjustments to building access or hours of operation due to inclement weather.
Requests, along with relevant details, should be sent as early as possible to DPS-OEM@uiowa.edu by the entity requesting the change.
Emergency Management will coordinate with the Provost and, when appropriate, designated members of the Severe Weather Awareness Group to review the request. The requestor should wait for a final decision before enacting any changes to building operations. If a request is approved, the requestor should move forward with securing their facility either by making changes in AMAG or emailing DPS-AccessServices@uiowa.edu. This process is laid out in the Extreme Weather Plan.
When submitting a request for approval to alter access, you should submit the following information:
- Name of facility
- Name of the authority (i.e., AVP, Dean, Director, etc) authorizing the request be made
- Normal facility hours and requested change hours
- Reason for request
- Indicate confirmation that you have coordinated the request with all entities occupying the facility if it also occupied by other departments/units not overseen by the authority who is authorizing the request.
- Any additional needs (i.e., operations that may still need to occur during closure/reduced access)
- Any other information you deem relevant to the request
If you have questions about this process, please email DPS-OEM@uiowa.edu or contact Department of Emergency Management Director, Anna Lumpkin, at 319-384-2784.